Platania village is 38 km from the city of Rhodes, just a few kilometers away from the village of Apollo..
Platania is located in the hillside of Prophet Elias, where the few houses of Plataniaare are amphitheatrically built. The village took its name from the many trees which grow in the area.
It is a very small beautiful village, which has lush vegetation and abundant water. It is mainly prefered by those who are seeking a quiet meal in one of the taverns. The villagers are mainly engaged in tourism and some agriculture.
The village church is dedicated to Agios Georgioa and was built in 1850 is nice woodcut temple.